It’s been a while since I did a meal plan, I’ve had some weird weeks where I just haven’t worked out what we are eating until the last minute. I overstocked the cupboards and freezers and we have had to make an effort to empty them a little. We have also been totally fed up with food and cooking. Do you get like that? One thing that has helped a little has been to go back to Mindful Chef. My eldest son said he wanted to try some healthier meals so we are giving them a go. We have hits and misses but so far it’s been mostly good. Last week’s menu was not exactly what we ordered, so they’ve given us next weeks order for free! If you want to give mindful chef a try you can get £20 off your first box and I can get £20 off too. All you have to do is put my e-mail in the referral box..my email is firstname.lastname@example.org
Recipes From Mindful Chef
This week we had a recipe for pork and lemon meatballs served with parsnip ribbons. They were delicious, but son is a big lad and I had to add some pasta as well.
This Weeks Meal Plan
We don’t have any Mindful chef deliveries this week, but we do have a birthday take out in the plan.
- Monday – Pizza, salad and garlic bread
- Tuesday – Take Out of choice from the Birthday girl
- Wednesday – scallop risotto with brown butter
- Thursday – pasta bake
- Friday – Chimichangas with savoury rice.
- Saturday – We’ll see what we fancy but it’ll most likely be curry or chicken and chips
- Sunday – Toad in the Hole with mash and veg.
Lunches for the kids, which they generally make themselves.
- chicken nuggets and fries
- salad bar with soft tortillas
- sausage rolls and cheese and crackers
- toasted cheese sandwiches
- fish cakes/ turkey dinosaurs and waffles
I haven’t put days as they can just pick what they want and which day.
I have recently discovered Binging with Babish on You Tube. He makes some really cool stuff based on television and movies. It’s where I got the idea for the Chimchangas (Deadpool from Marvel got upset when someone blew up his favourite Chimichunga restaurant.) You can also find Lars Ube roll from Stephen Universe and a Krabby Patty from Spongebob Square pants. Thankfully, Babish also does some more simple recipes and my daughter has just ordered his cookbook.
Linking up with Katy as usual. Click through to see what everyone else is making this week and most of all, stay safe x