So, the lock down has been extended and it seems that all they are showing on television are cookery programs! I think the consensus is because we are stuck at home then all we have to do is cook! If only that were true.
I missed my planning post last week. But things went well, we had a BBQ which was really nice, and it’s good to take advantage of the nice weather. I think there may have been a lot of BBQs recently.
This week, I’ve had to think really carefully about my online shopping because I just keep fillin my trolley with my regular purchases and we are not getting through everything. I mean we the kids love potato waffles but we really don’t need four boxes in the freezer do we? The fridges empty quickly so I’m going to concentrate less on frozen food this week and more on fresh.
I’m getting really bored of cooking, I mean really bored. I often cook from scratch but even though there is more time, I just want to grab a can or jar instead. I seem to be going the other way!
I did watch Mary Berry make some nice salmon the other day, very similar to my twirls but with cream cheese and not twirled up but left flat. There was a topping of lemon zest and parsley too which looked yummy. I think I may just give them a try. I might serve them with roasted Mediterranean vegetables.
This Weeks Meal Plan
- Monday – Pizza, salad and garlic bread
- Tuesday – Salmon and med. vegetables (chicken for those that don’t eat salmon)
- Wednesday – spaghetti bolognese
- Thursday – gnocchi bake/ past bake
- Friday – Fish/chicken and chips
- Saturday – fajitas or curry (whatever everyone fancies)
- Sunday – Gammon with potato dauphinios
Lunches for the kids, which they generally make themselves.
- chicken nuggets and fries
- salad bar with soft tortillas
- sausage rolls and cheese and crackers
- toasted cheese sandwiches (Did you see the rainbow ones on This Morning?) We won’t be making them, lol.
- fish cakes/ turkey dinosaurs and waffles
I haven’t put days as they can just pick what they want and which day.
I saw Joss Stone on This Morning and she told of her favourite meal of all time. I’ve memorised it, I don’t know why. Anyway, she takes a crepe/think pancake and fills it with a baked bean and cheese mixture. Then she lines several up like enchiladas in a dish and covers with a tin of tomatoes and more cheese and bakes them. My husband says yes…but personally I think it sounds gross. I just thought I’d share it with you 🙂
Have you been watching any cookery programs?
Linking up with Katy as usual. Click through to see what everyone else is making this week and most of all, stay safe x