We are trying out some new recipes lately and it’s helping to spice up mealtimes a little. Last week we had Chimichangas which are basically deep fried enchiladas. We will probably make them again but mix up the fillings a bit. Deep fried wraps are a lot nicer than I expected.
We also had a birthday last week and my daughter decided to go for an Indian curry from our local take out restaurant. The kids had Mc Donald’s because they are not curry fans. I had a chicken tikka masala which was really tasty, but it did give me a bad stomach 🙁
There was also lots of cake!
That’s one birthday down, the next is in 3 weeks, then another 2 weeks later and another 2 weeks after that. Wish me luck!
Weekly Meal Plan with New Recipes
This week is Mindful Chef week so I have two recipes from our box.
- Monday – Pizza and garlic bread (Monday staple)
- Tuesday – Sweet and Sour turkey with egg fried rice (Mindful Chef)
- Wednesday – lamb kebabs (Minted lamb burgers in pitta bread)
- Thursday – Madras fish curry with brown rice (mindful chef)
- Friday – Fryday Fry Up
- Saturday – chicken and chips
- Sunday – Gammon and potato dauphinois
Lunches for the kids, which they generally make themselves. I’ve added a couple of extra suggestions, I wasn’t able to add any extra days to the week.
- chicken nuggets and fries
- cheese or ham (or even cucumber) sandwiches
- salad bar with soft tortillas
- sausage rolls and cheese and crackers
- toasted cheese sandwiches
- fish cakes/ turkey dinosaurs and waffles
- eggy bread cheese sandwiches
- sausage sandwiches
- sausage and beans and waffles
Linking up with Katy as usual. Click through to see what everyone else is making this week and most of all, stay safe x