When Cooking Becomes a Chore
I didn’t write a menu last week. I was just so fed up of cooking. I winged it and we ended up having two take outs! The first was planned as it was Star’s birthday and she wanted a pizza from Dominoes. I always use Top Cash Back* (referral link) when ordering take outs, it earns me a little cash and over time it adds up. I’m currently just short of withdrawing £100 and I’ve withdrawn over £1000 over the years.
This Weeks Menu, it’s a Mindful Chef Week
I have my Mindful Chef delivery on Tuesday and we have a chicken recipe and a vegetarian recipe arriving. I’ve also chosen a pork recipe from their cookbook. I am really trying to get my love of cooking back.
- Monday – Quiche and pizza (Something quick and easy as I’ve a hospital appointment)
- Tuesday – Chipotle Chicken, sweet potato and avocado
- Wednesday – Lamb Burgers in pitta bread with salad and curly fries
- Thursday – Sticky Tamarind and ginger Tofu with mangetout
- Friday – Jerk Chicken and peas and rice
- Saturday – Hot Dogs and/or burgers
- Sunday – Roast Pork and pear with crispy sage, tenderstem and celeraic slaw (Mindful Chef cookbook)
You can check out some of my Mindful Chef recipes here
Lunches for the kids, they can choose what they want on each day. Kids are not going back to school for a couple more weeks!
- chicken nuggets and fries
- cheese or ham (or even cucumber) sandwiches
- salad bar with soft tortillas
- sausage rolls and cheese and crackers
- toasted cheese sandwiches
- fish cakes/ turkey dinosaurs and waffles
- eggy bread cheese sandwiches
- sausage sandwiches
- sausage and beans and waffles
- chicken burgers
If you have kids and would like to get them interested in cooking, I’ve just become an affiliate for a fabulous kids monthly recipe box called Little Cooks. You can read my post about it here.