Ah, the summer holidays have begun, but we are not going on holiday. It’s kind of setting in now and I feel quite sad about it. At first I just wanted to stay safe, now I just want some freedom! Anyway, it’s summer time and I want my food to reflect that, but I’ve not really worked out how yet.
I didn’t write a meal plan last week. I was quite ill with a bad back and the pain relief I was given just made me feel really tired. In fact the past week has passed in a blur. I have added some new things to my menu this week and it’s also our Mindful Chef delivery, so we have two new recipes from them. If you would like to try Mindful Chef you can get £20 off your first box and I can get £20 off too. All you have to do is put my e-mail in the referral box..my email is email@example.com, click banner for website.
This Weeks Menu – Summer Time
- Monday – Pizza and garlic bread, plus salad (I’m going to attempt to make a quinoa pizza for myself.
- Tuesday – Mindful Chef Salmon with basil and pesto Bubble and Squeak, others can have southern fried chicken and salad.
- Wednesday – lamb pasta bake
- Thursday – Mindful Chef Dukkah pork with peaches and charred lettuce.
- Friday – Fry up
- Saturday – Lamb Pitta Bread
- Sunday – pie and mash.
Lunches for the kids, they can choose what they want on each day
- chicken nuggets and fries
- cheese or ham (or even cucumber) sandwiches
- salad bar with soft tortillas
- sausage rolls and cheese and crackers
- toasted cheese sandwiches
- fish cakes/ turkey dinosaurs and waffles
- eggy bread cheese sandwiches
- sausage sandwiches
- sausage and beans and waffles
I didn’t do a meal plan last week and spent most of the week in confusion. But the last one I did worked out pretty well.
I hope we can stick to the plan this week, but if we do make a change I think it will be a BBQ…where is the sunshine? If it comes back we will definitely be eating outside.
If you have kids and would like to get them interested in cooking, I’ve just become an affiliate for a fabulous kids monthly recipe box called Little Cooks. You can read my post about it here.
Have a lovely tasty week and here’s to Summer Time,
5 thoughts on “Weekly Meal Plan – Summer Time”
That salmon dish sounds absolutely delicious! Enjoy love x
oh I hope your back is a little better this week that must have horrid. Your week of meals sounds really nice and hope the mindful chef meals help your week. Good luck with the pizza
These summer holidays are certainly going to be strange.
I hope you are feeling better now with your back pain.
Your meal plan sounds so good. Good luck with the quinoa pizza. I love the sound of the Salmon dish too x
I hope you are feeling better now with your poorly back.
I love the look of your meal plan. Good old pie and mash, one of my favourite dinners! x
I hope your back is feeling better. Not fun. The pulled pork with peaches sounds really yummy.
School holidays here and finding things to feed mine always a challenge