Welcome to my meal plan for this week. I’m including one of my kid’s favourite lunch time recipes of Eggy Bread Cheese Sandwhiches too.
I haven’t done a meal plan for the last couple of weeks. We had a holiday that sort of went through two weeks messing things up a bit. You would have been proud of me this last week though. Before we went away I arranged for a shop to come on the day we got home and I only spent £125. We got home rather late so the kids had nuggets and chips (quick and easy) and the adults had a take out. BUT, I didn’t spend any more money all week!!
This Weeks Meal Plan
This week we are not going to be so frugal as it’s my Daughter’s birthday so we are starting with a meal out (Which I know is going to cost a bomb!) Thankfully, it’s the last birthday this summer.
- Saturday – Pizza Hut for birthday meal
- Sunday – Toad-in-the hole
- Monday – Paella
- Tuesday – Chicken and chips
- Wednesday – Lasagne
- Thursday – Peri Peri pork strips with ratatouille
- Friday – Fish or chicken meal
I found out on holiday that Boo likes Scampi! I love it too but no-one else is keen. It’s good to add an extra meal to the kids menu though.
I have to say, the kids have been fantastic at cooking their own lunch nearly every day during the school holidays. It’s been a big relief for me as I find it very tiring cooking. They look for what they feel like eating and cook it mostly themselves with me standing by. It’s not a lot, but they have made sausage sandwiches, pasta and sauce, turkey dinosaurs and oven fries, quesadillas, and eggy bread cheese sandwhiches.
Here’s a quick recipe for Eggy Bread Cheese Sandwhiches.
- Enough bread and cheese to make a cheese sandwhich for each person.
- eggs (1 per person)
- a little cooking oil
- First make your cheese sandwhiches and cut them into four squares. Then squash them so they are quite flat.
- whisk up your eggs in a bowl
- put the cooking oil in a frying pan and allow it to get hot.
- when the oil is hot start dipping your sandwhiches into the egg mixture and put them straight into the pan. (tip: it’s best to cook one sandwhich at a time, so four squares.)
- Turn them over to see if they are brown on one side, and leave to brown the other side. They should be golden brown when you take them out of the pan.
- Leave one a piece of kitchen paper towel to dry off excess grease.
We like to eat ours either on their own or with a little ketchup or brown sauce.
Linking up with Katy Kickers Meal Planning Linky
6 thoughts on “Weekly Meal Plan – Eggy Bread &Cheese Recipe”
We are having ratatouille too this week – so many courgettes coming and I need to use them up! Sounds like a nice week – hope your daughter has a nice birthday.
Well done on arranging a shop for when you got back! I hope you’ve had a lovely time x
I hope your girl had a great birthday! We’re out for a birthday meal too for my youngest.
Scampi is one of my favourite meals. I hope you get to have it a little more now. The Eggy Bread Cheese Sandwhiches sound amazing!! x
Scampi is one of those amazing meals. The eggy bread cheese sandwiches also sound tasty for sure they would be great on a lunch time.