Guess what? We have our oven fixed…over two weeks without an oven and I can honestly say it’s not been good. I was so pleased when the technician turned up this morning and fixed it. I can finally start cooking things in my oven again.
Last week went okay. We didn’t get our toad-in-the-hole thanks to not having an oven. We did have our lamb roast but we had to cook the joint in the slow cooker.
This Weeks Meal Plan with an Oven
- Monday – Pizza and garlic bread
- Tuesday – Fish Curry from Mindful Chef
- Wednesday – Chicken and Chorizo Paella
- Thursday – Chicken and Quinoa from Mindful Chef
- Friday – Pie and Chips
- Saturday – Curry or KFC
- Sunday – Toad – in-the-Hole
This is possibly the last week of doing the kids lunches for a while. I certainly won’t miss that. It’s not so bad when they are on holiday but when we are doing home school I have to get lunch done at a particular time.
- chicken nuggets and fries
- cheese or ham (or even cucumber) sandwiches
- salad bar with soft tortillas
- sausage rolls and cheese and crackers
- toasted cheese sandwiches
- fish cakes/ turkey dinosaurs and waffles
- eggy bread cheese sandwiches
- sausage sandwiches
- sausage and beans and waffles
- chicken burgers
Now we have the oven working again we can hopefully start thinking about some different foods. Possibly use up our load in the freezer. It’s amazing how much we’ve not been able to cook because it needs oven cooking.
Mindful chef links are affiliate links which may earn me some money if you click through but will cost you no extra. Thank you for supporting my blog.
See more of my food blog posts here.