Trying Something New
I’m a bit late with my menu this week. We are trying something new. We’ve been having issues with food, being totally fed up of the regular meals we were having and the cupboards and freezers were stacked up with food we don’t really want to eat. So, I’ve been trying to mix it up a bit. I enjoy a fortnightly box from Mindful Chef, so I decided to buy a cookbook. I am keen to try quite a lot of the recipes which is good. I’ll let you know how we get on. You can read my last weekly menu here.
This Weeks Menu
No Birthdays this week, we have to wait until next Monday. She’s asked for a take away pizza and chocolate cake. I’m not complaining. We normally go out as a family to Pizza Hut, it’s been a tradition for about 6 years. But this year we don’t want to risk a crowded restaurant. So we will be trying something new and recreating a pizza restaurant at home.
- Monday – Lemon Salmon with asparagus ( from the mindful chef cookbook)
- Tuesday – Teriyaki Tempeh with kimchi fried rice
- Wednesday – quiche
- Thursday – pork chilli, avocado and sweet potato wedges
- Friday – Fish and chips
- Saturday – enchiladas
- Sunday – Lamb tikka kebabs ( something new From the Mindful Chef cookbook)
I really need to remember to take some photos of our new dishes. You can get £20 off your first Mindful Chef box by using my referral link.
Lunches for the kids, they can choose what they want on each day
- chicken nuggets and fries
- cheese or ham (or even cucumber) sandwiches
- salad bar with soft tortillas
- sausage rolls and cheese and crackers
- toasted cheese sandwiches
- fish cakes/ turkey dinosaurs and waffles
- eggy bread cheese sandwiches
- sausage sandwiches
- sausage and beans and waffles
- chicken burgers
If you have kids and would like to get them interested in cooking, I’ve just become an affiliate for a fabulous kids monthly recipe box called Little Cooks. You can read my post about it here.
2 thoughts on “Weekly Meal Plan – Trying something New”
Trying something new sounds great. We are starting to eat a lot of the same and it’s getting boring.
I love the sound of the meals you have planned especially the Lamb tikka kebabs. x
Ooh I didn’t know Mindful Chef had a cookbook! Good shout! Hope you’re well, lovely meal plan as per usual and thanks for linking up! x