Hot or Not?
Last week we decided to fit in our BBQ. We had the hottest day of the year and the boys had spent the whole day in the pool in the garden keeping cool. We got all the BBQ food ready and just as we were about to take it all outside, there was a few drops of rain. We made the decision to cook the food inside. Two hours later, tummies filled with frying pan burgers and sausages, and those few drops of rain were all we had. Yes, it had remained overcast, but it would have been okay to have our BBQ, arrgh, make up your mind weather, hot or not? rain or no rain.
The weather also affects whether you fancy hot food or not. Do we have a curry when it’s warm, or a chilli? Cooking in the heat isn’t pleasant either, we tend to pick quick easy to cook meals.
This Weeks Menu – hot or not
We have yet another birthday this week, but not until Sunday. I haven’t quite decided yet, but I think I might leave the party food for Monday. We can still have cake on Sunday 🙂
- Monday – pizza and or quiche with garlic bread and salad
- Tuesday – Butter bean bake
- Wednesday – lasagne
- Thursday – five spice chicken
- Friday – Fish and chips
- Saturday – hot dogs and fries
- Sunday – lamb roast dinner (if not hot) followed by Birthday Cake!
Lunches for the kids, they can choose what they want on each day
- chicken nuggets and fries
- cheese or ham (or even cucumber) sandwiches
- salad bar with soft tortillas
- sausage rolls and cheese and crackers
- toasted cheese sandwiches
- fish cakes/ turkey dinosaurs and waffles
- eggy bread cheese sandwiches
- sausage sandwiches
- sausage and beans and waffles
- chicken burgers
If you have kids and would like to get them interested in cooking, I’ve just become an affiliate for a fabulous kids monthly recipe box called Little Cooks. You can read my post about it here.