We have started the week with another birthday. It is Boo’s 13th and I made her a lovely lunch of pizza, sausage rolls, mini poppadoms, french fries, cheesy biscuits, chicken pops and cake to follow. They had a lovely time. For tonight’s dinner I’m just making them hot dogs and the grown ups are having Thai tofu and noodles.
Last weeks menu went well. We enjoyed the meals from Mindful Chef, the Dukkah pork was really yummy and it was the first time I have cooked lettuce and I loved it. The Salmon with with bubble and squeek was really nice too, but it was way too much cabbage. If you would like to try Mindful Chef you can get £20 off your first box and I can get £20 off too. All you have to do is put my e-mail in the referral box..my email is email@example.com, click banner for website.
This Weeks Menu – Another Birthday
- Monday – hot dogs for the kids, Thai Tofu and noodles for grown ups
- Tuesday – spaghetti bolognese
- Wednesday – Nandos chicken with wedges
- Thursday – Quiche or pizza
- Friday – Fish and chips
- Saturday – curry
- Sunday – pie and mash.
Lunches for the kids, they can choose what they want on each day
- chicken nuggets and fries
- cheese or ham (or even cucumber) sandwiches
- salad bar with soft tortillas
- sausage rolls and cheese and crackers
- toasted cheese sandwiches
- fish cakes/ turkey dinosaurs and waffles
- eggy bread cheese sandwiches
- sausage sandwiches
- sausage and beans and waffles
I’m still hoping that one day we will be able to have a BBQ soon. Come on British Summer, when will you come back?
Last week I moved the lamb pasta bake to Sunday because it took hours to cook. It was really yummy though, I was pleasantly surprised. I didn’t think it sounded as good as it tasted. I’ll do it again sometime.
If you have kids and would like to get them interested in cooking, I’ve just become an affiliate for a fabulous kids monthly recipe box called Little Cooks. You can read my post about it here.
Have a lovely tasty week, I’d pass you some birthday cake if I could. Don’t worry, I have two weeks until the next one.