I haven’t done a meal plan in a while. Cooking has become such a chore. It doesn’t help that we have been without a proper oven for over a week and don’t know when it will be fixed. (We are waiting for a part, I hope it’s not much longer.) The kids are at home all day and even lunch is a chore. When they are learning they need to eat at a specific time to fit in with online lessons.
I’m managing to get my shopping online each week which is good, but I’m getting to the point where I just don’t know what to put in the basket. I stopped Mindful Chef for a while, but we missed it. I love having every thing I need provided in a paper bag that I can just grab from the fridge, chop and cook. Most of the meals only take 1/2 hour and it gives us ideas for further meal choices. It makes cooking less of a chore. Not everyone likes them though.
So, I’m having another go at a weekly menu to see if I can get back on track.
This weeks Menu – Cooking Chore
- Monday – Pizza and garlic bread
- Tuesday – Duck Breasts in Orange
- Wednesday – stir fry
- Thursday – Toad-in-the-hole
- Friday – Fish/chicken and chips
- Saturday – curry or jerk chicken
- Sunday – lamb roast dinner
This will probably change, but at least I have an outline and all the food on this list. Fingers crossed we get the oven fixed soon. We can do the pizzas and the duck in the small oven and the roast lamb in the slow cooker, the toad-in-the-hole might end up being sausages and mash.
Of course the kid’s need lunches at home again so we are back to their old favourites which we rotate.
- chicken nuggets and fries
- cheese or ham (or even cucumber) sandwiches
- salad bar with soft tortillas
- sausage rolls and cheese and crackers
- toasted cheese sandwiches
- fish cakes/ turkey dinosaurs and waffles
- eggy bread cheese sandwiches
- sausage sandwiches
- sausage and beans and waffles
- chicken burgers